Australian Light Horse Association
22 July 2019, 08:48:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ALHA Website:  http://www.lighthorse.org.au

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Correct method of attaching saddle wallets  (Read 6694 times)
Administrator
Administrator

View Profile
« on: 15 September 2011, 01:30:38 pm »

Mario
Forum Member

Australia
32 Posts   Posted - 01/09/2002 :  5:06:15 PM 
Hello,
Can anyone please advise what is the correct way to attach a pair of saddle wallets to the saddle.

Thanks,

Mario

Rob THomas
Advanced Forum Member

Australia
464 Posts    Posted - 06/09/2002 :  9:56:26 PM 
Mario, I have a copy of the information John Morgan (I think it was JM) published last year on the Universal Saddle site,,,,, when time allows later this week I will dig it out and re post it,,,,,,,, its the clearest I have seen.
Mario
Forum Member

Australia
32 Posts    Posted - 07/09/2002 :  1:35:01 PM 
Many thanks Rob, I look forward to reading it.
Thanks,

Mario

brogo
Forum Member

Australia
51 Posts    Posted - 19/09/2002 :  10:23:47 AM 
Rob, any luck locating the information concerning fitting of saddle wallets? Having read the article I suspect Mario and (now me)I are not the only ones waiting to learn of this.
Regards

Brogo

Rob THomas
Advanced Forum Member

Australia
464 Posts    Posted - 19/09/2002 :  1:31:23 PM 
Sorry, I have been a little busy with the Toowoomba Exhibition ans university assignments and have not had a chance to search through my files. Will get a chance this week end.
Mario
Forum Member

Australia
32 Posts    Posted - 02/10/2002 :  11:20:15 PM 
Rob,
Any luck with finding this info.

Rob THomas
Advanced Forum Member

Australia
464 Posts    Posted - 04/10/2002 :  09:50:37 AM 
Sorry but I have looked through my files and cant find it.
But I will keep looking.
Rob THomas
Advanced Forum Member

Australia
464 Posts    Posted - 07/10/2002 :  5:12:20 PM 
THanks to John Morgan in GB, a re print of his original answer to the same query!!
"...Lay the wallets over the pommel with the scallop of the connecting piece facing forward.
pass the strap (of the Y-strap) through the rear of the lower slot of the saddle front arch, then through the leather loop sewn to
the back of the wallet, then through the brass dee on the front burr of the side bar.
Then pass the strap through the buckle now resting on the top of the
wallets". ( If I recall correctly, this so far is basically from one of the official manuals...but I have to assume the remainder, to follow, is also correct.
Anyway, using a P1902 saddle, correct wallets, Y-straps and groundsheet it seems to work )....." If a rolled groundsheet or cape is to be attached over the wallets then it appears that the free end of the strap is then simply fixed through the second Y-strap buckle around the roll. I am uncertain about the centre fixing; it does seem that if just the wallets are attached then a short strap only is required to pass through the slot in the connecting strap and around the saddle front arch.
When a rolled groundsheet or cape is attached over the wallets, a longer strap is then presumably required to keep the roll firmly in position"....

Mario
Forum Member

Australia
32 Posts    Posted - 07/10/2002 :  9:12:22 PM 
Many thanks to both Rob and John.
brogo
Forum Member

Australia
51 Posts    Posted - 07/10/2002 :  10:48:18 PM 
Rob, Thanks also from Brogo. It's always good to know of reliable people. There are those who will say, "I'll get back to you on that one...." and are never heard of again.
Enjoy your assistance and input.
Brogo.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: