Australian Light Horse Association
18 February 2019, 09:22:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ALHA Website:  http://www.lighthorse.org.au

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: maryborough show light horse update.  (Read 10726 times)
chrisiseppi

View Profile Email
« on: 07 March 2015, 08:38:14 am »

Good Morning everyone,

The events i am still going through and if you have any further suggestions they would be very welcome, I am thinking the following,

Tilting the ring with sword
tilting the ring with lance
Beersheba run 303 rifle with bayonet fixed
pegging run with sword
pegging run with Lance
tilt the ring/ peg with sword
tilt the ring / peg with lance.

the above events would be team events plus if time permits we will run these as individual events as well incase someone does not have a team; The other point scoring will be mounted drill and dismounted drill, bully beef cooking comp in camp where one member of the section will have to cook a meal using bully beef and what they can scrounge up, that does not mean sneaking down the shop for extras, its what you can find on the grounds only and what you have on you at the time, The way the camp is kept it will be set up but it will be up to the troopers to improve or maintain the camp, whilst in camp the order to stand too could be called at anytime, this will depend on how fast the troops can stand too to protect the camp from a possible counter attack, watches will be by the book, each team will have to make sure they have a century on duty , and uniforms how they are worn at all times remembering this will be how they would have been back in the day, so from the moment the teams arrive they will be judged, lateness-tardiness to events or duty could loose points , camp being in a messy state could loose points, it all must be squared away equipment clean and ready for use.

It is also been proposed to have a mock battle on the Thursday and Friday night, the intended enemy will be spud bags full of sand, plus fire works as well this will be a dismounted charge on foot this too if it goes ahead will give the troops points they can pick up as i would have one trooper out of each unit fall and he / she would have to be rescued by the other team members, but at this stage this part is still be discussed and i will advise all if this goes forward.

Please advise all and sundry if you can please for those wishing to attend, it will be a great event if we can get the teams to come, I welcome any other suggestions as well that we can incorporate in to this event.

the standard point scoring will be for all the skill at arms course as per the tent pegging association, I am still working on a point scoring system for dress, condition the camp is kept in, and the cooking event, plus the other events that your team can earn points, or lose points.

Kindest Regards

Chris Iseppi
Phone 0488 632 781
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: